Lyrics by the Inspirational India Arie:
Back when I had a little I thought that I needed a lot A little was over rated, but a lot was a little too complicated You see-Zero didn't satisfy me A million didn't make me happy That's when I learned a lesson That it's all about your perception Hey-are you a pauper or a superstar So you act, so you feel, so you are It ain't about the size of your car
It's about the size of the faith in your heart
Off in the back country of Brazil A met a young brother that made me feel That I could accomplish anything. You see just like me he wanted to sing He had no windows and no doors He lived a simple life and was extremely poor On top of all of that he had no eye sight, but that didn't keep him from seein' the light He said, what's it like in the USA, and all I did was complain He said-livin' here is paradise He taught me paradise is in your mind You know that
Every time I turn on the T.V. (There's Hope) Somebody's acting crazy (There's Hope) If you let it, it will drive you crazy (There's Hope) but I'm takin' back my power today (There's Hope) Gas prices they just keep on rising (There's Hope) The government they keep on lying but we gotta keep on surviving Keep living our truth and do the best we can do
I used to have this song as my phone ringtone about 5 years ago... i heard it the other day and it made me think that it's a good song lyric to remember at this time. Christmas time...when we should be thankful for what we have and not focused on what we still need.
So it's the EVE before Christmas Eve... and I still have some last minute gift ideas for anyone needing a girly kind of gift, or stocking stuffer.
- Spongeables. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love this company! These sponges are already loaded with soap and you can get tons of uses out of them. They make great soap/sponges for travel or for at home. I have a few Christmas ones that I am absolutely in love with...Christmas shapes for the Christmas season. You can find these at stores like ULTA, WAL MART and RITE AID.
- Another gift Idea is Tocca fragrances that are found at Anthropology stores. Fragrance always makes a wonderful gift because it's something you can really get a lot of use out of. Some girls are picky but others like a variety of fragrances so something with an ornate bottle for on top of a vanity is always a lovely gift. I love the Tocca brand because of the beautiful packaging as well as wonderful product scents. Anthropology stores carry Tocca frangrances along with other wonderful unique gift ideas for the trendy girl.
- Ulta stores always have great deals this time of year. Right now, if you spend $30 or more on a fragrance you get a free bathrobe. It seems like every time I go into an Ulta store they have some kind of great deals on cosmetics, hair, or nail products. Love this store. http://www.ulta.com/
- Barnes and Noble is my home away from home. I think any girl/woman could find a book, or magazine that they would like at this store. They also have really cute office supplies, journals and music if the person you're buying for doesn't enjoy reading. But a good book or journal is always a memorable gift. :)
- Sephora. I could go on and on about things to find in this store...they have something for every budget. The Sephora by OPI nail polish make great stocking stuffers. Sephora always has a section of smaller (less priced) product items by the registers. Check those out too!
Have a wonderful day shopping or with family and friends! I'm going to go enjoy mine.