Hey Everyone! Tomorrow is February 1st and Valentines Day is soon approaching. Whether or not you are spending Valentines Day with someone you love and want to be close to use these tips for
whiter teeth and fresh breath! These tips are provided by celebrity cosmetic dentist Dr. Marc Lowenberg, who is a partner at the New York based practice Lowenberg, Lituchy & Kantor.
For Whiter Teeth:
- Mix Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide and brush teeth with it to remove surface stains. Crest Whitestrips are also a good at home option for whitening teeth in a pinch.
- Chew raw, crunchy vegetables to help mechanically remove surface stains.
- Wear lip shades with blue undertones. It contracts the whiteness of the teeth and makes teeth appear brighter.
- Coat your teeth with a very thin layer of Vaseline to protect prior to consuming red wine and teeth staining foods.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove plaque from the tongue.
- Rinse twice daily with an ADA-recommended antiseptic mouth rinse.
- Eat parsley on a regular basis to combat bad breath that may be the result of digestion.
- Order a cocktail with vodka. It kills the bacteria in the mouth that causes bad breath. Hold off on a sugary mixture because it will bind to the teeth and trigger the odor-causing bacteria.