Check out what I made the other day. I wanted to share the recipe with you all! It’s a brown sugar face and body scrub using ingredients from my kitchen.
What I Used:
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 drops of agave nectar or honey
- A few drops of your favorite scented oil (optional)
How to Make It:
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Find a jar with a secure cap to fill the scrub mixture into. (I used a glass jar from Burts Bees that was empty).
- You can use this on your face and body. It will help exfoliate and cleanse clogged pores. This scrub will smell and feel amazing, and pretty much just melt away as you use it.
- Sugar has glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin and is usually a key ingredient in pricey products. The natural glycolic acid in sugar will help to condition and moisturize your skin, and protect it from toxins.
- Using brown sugar is better than using white sugar because it is more gentle and better for sensitive skin.
- It’s very inexpensive to make at home! Try it. And, if you have any at home recipes of your favorite scrubs or masks let me know!