NEW YORK, moving forward, moving on, love, timing.Read More
Hey Guys! It's been a while since my last post. I've been finding a lot of therapy in music lately. My favorite singer recently is an artist named Sam Smith. If you haven't heard about him, he's a british singer songwriter who's 22 years old and has an incredible voice!! His album hasn't been released yet but you can find some of his music on iTunes, and I've been listening to all of his music on Youtube.
His song, "Stay with me" was the first one that I heard. I traveled a lot in April; I was in Hawaii for 10 days and New York for 5 days; I listened to the song, Stay with me and Lay me down almost everyday of the month and I still love them! Here are the videos so you can also check them out.
This month (May), my favorite songs of his are: "I told you now" and " Not in that Way".
There isn't one song of his that I've heard that I don't like. :) It is rare that I am so in love with an artists voice that I like every single one of their songs; so I had to share these videos on my blog!
Oceans~ Where Feet May FailRead More
About Time- Thoughts Inspired by a MovieRead More
Lit from Within: The Reason I WriteRead More
Positivity and Social MediaRead More
Quite honestly, 2013 felt like a slap in the face. It was my toughest year yet. But, like many of you know, after you go through a difficult time things always get brighter, and when things turn around it reminds you how grateful you should be. I've been thinking a lot and I needed to put a list together of the things that the toughest year taught me. Many of these things I am going to mention are probably things I already "knew" but hadn't really experienced something difficult enough to make them apply to my life so richly. So, let's just begin...
1. You can turn your life around at any moment , at any age, at any time. If you don't like the direction you are headed, the worst thing you can do is sit back and do nothing. As tough as it may seem to change the path of your life, or the direction it is going, I promise you...it is worth it in the end. There were many times that I couldn't stop thinking about all of the little things, and obstacles I would have to overcome to make a change, but if you get caught up in worry or fear you will never overcome anything and NOTHING will change.
2. Don't let anyone tell you that YOUR own happiness is not important. Being happy is VERY important. It's essential! Sometimes you have to be a little selfish otherwise the people around you will suffer. I struggled with this one a lot because some people will tell you that it's "not about you" and having the faith that I do, I know as a Christian I was created by God, to live out His will for my life. But-I also know, he wants me...and he wants US to be happy. And , the fact that anyone could tell me that I shouldn't be so selfish and want to be happy is absurd to me. Because, life is not worth living if you're going to be miserable. You CREATE your own happiness. No one else can do that for you. YOU need to choose to be happy, and live out your life in order to do so.
3. We all make mistakes, we all deserve forgiveness and sometimes you can't UN-DO or FIX a problem without owning up to what you did, learning from the mistake, and moving on. Sometimes the best solution to a problem, is to own up to it...ask for forgiveness, and move on. That's it. No matter how hard you try to fix a problem, or problems-sometimes they can't be fixed, and in that case you need to accept it, own up to the mistake that got you there in the first place and grow from it.
4. You don't need to justify your decisions to anyone but yourself. This is also a toughie for me. I struggle with this one a lot. I want everyone to understand why I do what I do, when I do what I do. Make sense? haha... Many times other people aren't going to understand a choice you make. And, you can't MAKE them understand. YOU just have to be at peace with your decision or choice...and in my case, be at peace with it between me and God, and that's all that matters.
5. Family and close Friends are irreplaceable. If you have family, and a few close friends..you are BEYOND lucky. MOST people in our lives come and go. But-if you have family that you know loves and cares about you, or close friends that do, make sure you treat them like gold. They are irreplaceable. When life is going good sometimes we forget to treat the few people that we know are going to be there for us through thick and thin with unending love. Make sure they know how valuable they are in your life- you're going to need them.
6. TIME is the most precious gift of anything in the world. This one is huge for me and I can't stress it enough. Material things are so silly. We LOVE things and I admit, I'm totally addicted to my iphone. But, honestly I know that I would rather sit with someone, laugh with someone, have them give me their time and attention more than anything else in the whole world. A good talk or conversations shows that someone cares about you...it is so much more valuable than any other material thing we could ever own. And, I am SO SO grateful to any of you that are reading this that have given me your time and your listening ear recently, it means so much to me I can't love you enough for it.
7. Love is the best thing to fight for. I'm going to try to say what I mean here and I hope it comes across correctly. Love is the number one reason why we're here, and the most important action. Loving others and feeling and knowing you are loved back is worth the fight. We ALL deserve to have more of it in our life. Be a more loving person and know that YOU are worthy of the same kind of Love as everyone else. On a second note- Life is WAY too short to spend anytime being cold, hateful, judgmental, jealous, angry, or any of those negative things. I feel like a hippy when I say, "LOVE EVERYONE". It's hard sometimes, but the more loving you are, the more love you get in return.
8. Know what you want, set goals and make it happen. Only YOU can bring your dreams to a reality. This should go without saying but no one is going to walk up to you and say here you go, here's your dream job or here's that vacation you always wanted to go on. YOU are responsible for making that happen. If you can imagine yourself doing something-and you have an idea, go for it...you're always going to fail if you never try, and there should be nothing stopping you from going after what you want. Fear is the number one thing that keeps us from trying something new or going after a huge dream, but that's so silly because your life could be gone tomorrow. It also helps to KNOW what you want. If you don't know, then try to figure it out, and then set actual goals so that you can accomplish it, check it off your list, and move on to the next thing!
9. Strength is not measured by how much you can fight, but how much courage you have to face the difficulty, rise above it and move on. This year taught me that I have the inner strength to get me through anything and everything. Most of the time it's easier to hang on to something than it is to accept that you need to face it and move on. Strength is also- not letting the things of your past dictate the direction of your future. This year there was a point that I cried everyday. Sad, but true. As soon as I started confronting the issues, talking about them and having the courage to face them..I became stronger. And, now I can say..I have never smiled and laughed so much in my life.
10. I don't have time for distractions. This last one is sorta funny... but I had to talk about it. Games, lies, negativity, gossip. I need to stay clear of these things... I just don't have time for them. I have direction, I have passion, I know the things that I want, and the things that I need, and I'm not 18 anymore. I'm not saying I'm perfect...I'm far from it, but some of the things that were once seemed so important a few years ago aren't anymore, and now that I know what I want, I don't want any distractions.
I'm sure there were many more things from the year that I learned, but these were 10 things that came to mind when I sat down to summarize my thoughts.
Til' my next post.
If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter you've already seen me gush about this song, All of Me, by John Legend. But, I needed to post it on my blog too. :) I've always loved John Legend's voice, but I think anyone could sing this song and it would still have the same impact because the words are SO unbelievably beautiful. I'm in love with this song!
THESE LYRICS! I'm a huge sap... I guess?! But-this could be one of my top favorite songs about Love.
My head's under water But I'm breathing fine You're crazy and I'm out of my mind
'Cause all of me Loves all of you Love your curves and all your edges All your perfect imperfections Give your all to me I'll give my all to you You're my end and my beginning Even when I lose I'm winning 'Cause I give you all of me And you give me all of you
How many times do I have to tell you Even when you're crying you're beautiful too The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood You're my downfall, you're my muse My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you
Hope you all have a beautiful week. Til' my next post!
I was thinking tonight about what makes someone attractive. There are many things but the most obvious one to me is sincerity. You can tell when someone is being honest and open with you, or if they have their guard up and aren't giving you the full truth. Being honest with someone involves a vulnerability that is undeniably attractive. I've always believed that the greatest gift you can give someone is your time. And, life is too short to be anything but completely honest with yourself and to other people. "Mystery" is fascinating and all, but it's not what keeps things held together; sincerity is.
Sometimes when I write things or I talk to someone, I get concerned about being TOO honest, I start to get wrapped up in feeling like I need to remain a mystery. But-after thinking about it, I'd rather be too honest..than hold back saying something and regret it later on. Our time is too precious and you may never get a chance to say or do those things you wanted to.
Here are a few quotes I saw tonight that resonated with me.
"Sincerity is not to say everything you think, but to mean everything you say."
“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”
"To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to."
Recently, I have been so filled with an overabundance of enthusiasm and joy. I've been inspired more than ever to create and do the things I love! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
It's been awhile since I've written a blog on anything personal. To catch any of you up with those who are unfamiliar, I'm a makeup artist who loves to write. I've loved to put my thoughts and feelings on paper ever since I was a kid. I have stacks of journals from middle school through adult life. In 2008, I started blogging and fell in love with it. I used to blog all the time, sometimes several times a day. Over the years, I stopped blogging about personal things and turned my blogging into a business outlet to talk strictly about beauty. But, I've recently realized that writing helps me in more ways than one. That is why I've decided that I will pick it back up again.
If you are interested in beauty products, makeup tips, and behind the scenes photos from my job make sure you go over to my website and get familiar with it: Lauren O'Leary Beauty. I will be blogging about all things beauty related on that site!
If you'd like to get to know me more personally, and hear all about the random thoughts I have and more about my faith life, Love for God and family...well then this is the place! Make sure you are subscribed up at the top right hand side of the page. Enter in your e-mail address and you will always get an update when I post a new blog! :)
Going back to my first paragraph and to sum up this first post I'd like to say that the power of prayer is very real. I've had to conquer some difficult things over the past few months, and i've had to rely on prayer to get me through some tough times. I've been absolutely astounded by the result of my continuous prayer. New doors and pathways have opened up in my life, new people and relationships, new inspiration and ideas and I've been filled with so much joy and peace about where I'm at in life and the path I'm on. I am very grateful.
Til' my next post.
Senior Photo Sessions with Jennifer Bahn PhotographyRead More
Lovelo Beauty December Gift Guides & Facebook and Instagram LinksRead More
Lash Extensions/Weddings – A Few Photos from November 2012Read More
Jennifer Strickland's book "girl perfect " is a must read.Read More
It's the little things in life, like enjoying iced tea.Read More
Hey Guys! Isn't fruit just the best in the summer! There is something about buying fresh fruit in the summer..it always tastes better.
What's your favorite fruit to enjoy in the summer?
If you have not yet seen- I posted two new beauty blogs on my beauty website:
And check out and "like" my Facebook Page for all notifications on my beauty blog postings.
My new beauty blog will be on my personal website: www.lovelobeauty.com . This will now transition into a personal blog website. :)Read More
How do you organize your make up and beauty products? What does your bathroom look like and how to you store everything? Well, these are the questions I am very interested in. One of my favorite types of YouTube videos to watch are those showing how people store things in their bathroom and closets. I recently went to "The Container Store" and absolutely fell in love with it. I could have been in there for hours looking around at all the cool and unique items and ideas for storing things.
This morning I made a video showing how I organize my day-to-day make up vanity (which happen's to be my bathroom sink) It is nothing special, but it has helped me a ton to put things in certain organizers so I know exactly where they are. (On a side note- I have a lot of products, this is from years of collecting make up and beauty products, working in the industry and reviewing things. )
Here is the video clip:
I'd love to know some of your ideas for storage!! :)
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
Hi! Just wanted to drop in this weekend and introduce you all to someone I’m sure you’ve already seen…our Bear. I will go back to normal beauty posts tomorrow.
Click on this link to see the video clip I made: Meet Bear…
Hope you all had a great weekend. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to win mood magic lipsticks if you still want to do so: http://lovelobeauty.com/main/wordpress/?p=397
And, please vote for “best local blog Twin Cities”. You can see the post I made about it here: http://lovelobeauty.com/main/wordpress/?p=399
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
City Pages is doing their annual BEST OF CONTEST. I would absolutely love your vote for the City Pages “best of twin cities 2012″ for best blog and website. There is a survey you have to fill out at this link:http://polls.citypages.com/polls/min/bestof12/
Put your name, email ( you can opt out of them sending you things) then just answer #
8. best local blog put in (www.lovelobeauty.com)
11. best local website (www.lovelobeauty.com)
Watch my video here: Vote Lovelo Beauty for best of twin cities 2012 blog and website.
I’d appreciate your love your support in this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love writing this blog. For the past 3 years it has been something I am really passionate about. I hope to continue for many more years, and I’d love your VOTE!
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012