Beauty Product Discoveries- January Edition 2013Read More
Human skin color
Hi Girls and Guys! I am so lucky to have so many amazing friends and people who read my blog posts. :) Keep telling me what you love, and I will keep writing as often as possible. If you didn't see, yesterday, I posted an interview I did with makeup artist Jemma Kidd! http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/my-interview-questions-for-makeup-artist-jemma-kidd/
This is unrelated to my post yesterday, but I wanted to show you some photos I found that make me want to wear color all the time! Here are some inspirational "color" photos .
These images just SCREAM Spring and Summer...they put me in the mood for COLOR! :)
Hey Guys! It seems as if everyone is always searching for the latest and greatest mascara. Most women are looking for one that separates their lashes, gives them lots of volume and doesn't flake or smudge.
After they discontinued my favorite drugstore mascara EVER (Maybelline Lash Expansion) I was devastated. When you find one you like it's tough to lose it. :( But, as a mascara junkie, I have tried and tested probably over a hundred mascaras..and these three are my current favorites. P.S if anyone every finds the Maybelline Lash Expansion Mascara...tell me! I need to find it.
LASHGASM Mascara by TOO FACED Cosmetics. ( http://www.toofaced.com/ )
False Lash Mascara by MAC (http://www.maccosmetics.com/)
Youngblood Mascara in Blackout (http://www.ybskin.com/index.php)
What makes a good mascara in my opinion?
- Non smudging, Non Flaking
- NOT WATERPROOF but Water Resistant (It's a pain to try to get off waterproof mascara)
- BLACK BLACKITY BLACKEST BLACK you can get
- A wand that is straight across not curved or round
- A wet formula but not goopy and clumpy (I want visible signs that mascara is on the brush but not to the point that I can't see the brush bristles)
That's about it! I hope you enjoyed reading my top 3 mascaras (this is of the moment). All three of these have the qualities I like in a mascara above.
Happy Shopping! ;)
xo LOVE LO
Hey Guys! This is my final part of my favorite Mac Eyeshadow series. Hope you have stuck with me and read all of them if you like MAC and enjoy getting recommendations for colors. If you did not see the others, I will link those posts at the bottom.
Here are my 10 favorite MAC eyeshadow colors for dark skin tones:
- Amber lights- A shimmery bright gold
- Carbon- a Matte black
- Deep Truth- A sparkly dark blue
- Goldmine- A shimmery dark yellow
- Humid- A shimmery dark green
- Knight Divine- A shimmery charcoal grey
- Romp- A shimmery brown
- Trax- A purple with gold sparkle
- Cranberry- A shimmery cranberry red
- Woodwinked- A shimmery copper/penny color
If you missed the other 3 here are the links.
Favorite MAC shadows for medium skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/mac-eyeshadow-my-top-10-picks-for-medium-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for light skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/mac-eyeshadows-top-10-picks-for-light-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for fair skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/mac-eyeshadowsmy-top-10-picks-for-fair-skinseries/
Have a GREAT day everyone!! Here's a few pictures of my cat Bear. Enjoy :)
***What kind of blog post do you all want to see me write? Do you have any specific blog requests? Leave a comment below if you do! Thanks :)
Hey Everyone!! I hope you are all having a good week. Today is part 3 and I will be telling you my favorite MAC eye shadows for Medium skin tones.
First, I must boast about a product I am LOVING. It is Bobbi Brown's Corrector. Am I the last person on the planet to try this?? Seriously, why did I not know this stuff existed. It has super powers. No, not really. But it's amazing on dark circles. You still need to use concealer after using this product but it takes out any dark shadow under the eye. Here is a link to see the product on the BB Website: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22762&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6398
Now, for my top 10 MAC shadows for medium skin tones.
- Woodwinked- a bonzey copper penny shade
- Sable- a deep shimmery plum/brown
- Mulch- a sparkly dark rich brown
- Antiqued- a shimmery brown/red
- Sumptuous Olive- a shimmery green olive
- Amber Lights- a shimmery bright copper/orange
- Bronze- a shimmery bronze
- Shadowy Lady- a deep matte purple
- Expensive Pink- a shimmery pinkish orange
- Dazzlelight- a shimmery light yellow/white
If you missed my top 10 shadow picks for light skin tones or fair skin tones here are those links:
Stay tuned in for the next part in this series. I will name my top 10 Mac shadows for dark skin tones. Also coming up... A Pacifica perfume review, and a product that will help your nails grow long and healthy fast!!!
:) Thank you to my subscribers. I appreciate all of you and love you for following my blog.
"Be beautiful to my self first, and then to anyone else who cares to see me." ~Maya Angelou