Find out some back to school beauty basicsRead More
Make-up Art Cosmetics
Bridal makeup I did on May 5th 2012.Read More
Before and after silk lash extensions with CarleyRead More
A quick polished make up look for spring and summer 2012; bold lip and neutral eye.Read More
Hi! Target is a great one stop shop. One of the most popular beauty brands at Target is Sonia Kashuk. Over the past couple of months I've been using some of the products which I've been quite impressed with.
I love the nail polishes, they are long-lasting and vibrant trendy colors. The purple one from the collection below is my favorite!! There is a beautiful coral/orange shade, a bright pink, a nude/concrete shade and a mossy green. You can find them at Target stores!
Her lip glosses and lipsticks come in really bold amazing shades and for $8.99 they're a great deal! They are long-lasting and feel great on your lips.
The bare minimum pressed bronzer is one of my favorites from the line. Not only does it look beautiful in the packaging but it's perfect for giving a bronzed look or sculpted cheekbones and only $9.99. Here is the website...http://soniakashuk.com/
Hey Guys!! I really don't remember enjoying spring as much as I am this year. It's probably because of the really cold, snow-filled winter we had here.
If you are looking to add some fun spring colors to your eyeshadow collection but are a little afraid of going bold and unsure of what to try, I have just the thing for you!!! It's Sonia Kashuk's Eye on Color instructional eye shadow palette in 01. Oh man, I just aboutdied when I saw how pretty this was!
I think this is a perfect eyeshadow palette for spring because it has 12 spring colors to choose from that can create awesome eyeshadow looks. And, when you want to experiment with color it's great to have lots of variety to figure out what you like the best.
The other cool thing about this palette is that for the "less experienced" there is a slide out section underneath that has directions and numbers each eyeshadow to show you certain looks you can create.
Wash of Color, Deep Contoured Crease, and a Smokey Eye.
This palette can be found at Target and only retails for $19.99. It's definitely a deal! The quality of these shadows is not as rich and pigmented as a MAC eyeshadow but it's not a super light wash either. They are somewhere in between.
***Just a tip, make sure to wear an eyeshadow base to keep this looking flawless and for lasting color! MAC's Painterly is my favorite.
This is a link to the Target website where the Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette can be found! http://www.target.com/Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Palette-Shadow/dp/B004M8WVP8
Happy Spring make-up shopping!
FTC Man- I recieved this product on a possible review basis. I was not paid for this review and am not affiliated with this brand. My opinions are 100 % honest as always.
Hey Friends! Today was an absolutely beautiful spring day in Minneapolis. I am feeling so good now that the weather is starting to warm up and the sun is starting to stay out longer. I did a little shopping today...nothing huge but I picked up a few items for myself that are all beauty and jewelry! It's so fun to shop and pick up some "fun" items; I believe that we all need that every once in a while. Even if that just means treating yourself to your favorite drink at Starbucks!
Let's start with MAC cosmetics. I picked up some cleanse off oil. You can see that on the left here. Cleanse off oil is absolutely amazing at removing all makeup no matter how much you have applied. I use this as my facial cleanser at night. About 2 pumps is all you need and it keeps my dry skin hydrated and I never feel too oily. It washes off nicely.
I picked up the light pink nailpolish on the left called "Ice cream cake". Cute name huh!? This comes out with the "Quite Cute" collection on Thursday April 7. :)
The final 2 things I picked up from MAC are lip pencils in In Sync (a very light baby pink) and Magenta ( A hot fuchia pink). I picked up these two because I thought they'd be a great addition to my collection for spring lip colors!
You all probably know by now...I love Target. I could spend so much money in that place. It get's a little dangerous! Here's what I picked up today :
2 pairs of adorable earrings. I love anything that has hearts. These gold drop earrings with hearts are just so pretty and will go with almost any color outfit! The other pair is silver drop teardrop shaped earrings with turquoise center stones. I love these! I love the color and am very excited to wear them.
The next thing I picked up from Target is an Elf Lip Gloss in the scent and color watermelon. This was $1 !!!!!! You can not beat $1. When I opened the packaging this gloss was in I could already smell the delicious sweet smell of watermelon. It's also just a fun pink for spring!
Last, I picked up two new nail polish colors that I thought would be nice for spring . Both of these were under $2. One is the color Mint sorbet from the Sally Hansen Hard as nails Xtreme wear color collection . The other is the color Dream on from Sinful Colors Professional. This bright purple is great for toes!
There's my fun little shopping spree on display for you guys. Maybe this will give you ideas, or just be an interesting read. Either way, it was fun and I wanted to share it with all of you!!
xoxo, Love LO
Hi! What do you prefer? Lipstick or Gloss?
MAC's sheen supreme lipsticks are my favorite lipstick for spring. They have rich color and very high glossy shine. They come in 14 different shades.
These are my favorite colors from the bunch:
Quite the Thing! , Impressive, Look at Her, & Ultra Darling
If you remember MAC slimshine's...they remind me of them. But, they're bigger , which to me equals better!
Great spring shades, lots of color and shine. www.maccosmetics.com
Here is a recent photo of my "bear" , he is so glad we are home from our 2 week trip!
Have a great night!
I have a winner for the GO nails natural growth formula. That is....DONNA who commented and said, "I am thankful for my God, family and our health." Congratulations Donna! Please e-mail me, firstname.lastname@example.org, your mailing address so myself and GO NAILS can get your product shipped to you!
Don't be bummed if you didn't win this time! I have more giveaways coming up. :) Thank you to all who entered.
As I mentioned in my last blog post, I moved into a new place. This has nothing to do with beauty...but it is a reason why I've been kinda slow in posting beauty blogs. If you want to see more photos, find me on facebook: email@example.com
Many of you may know, today is WORLD AIDS DAY. A few beauty companies that help support and raise awareness for Aids are the following.
MAC COSMETICS. All year round at MAC stop in and take a look at the collection of Viva Glam Lipsticks and Glosses priced at $14.50 US. All of the selling price goes to the MAC AIDS FUND. Yes. I said ALL of the selling price. MAC has been a supporter of the AIDS foundation for years and has raised well over 100 million dollars selling lipsticks and lipglosses alone!!! Another AWESOME item to check out in MAC stores near you are the VIVA GLAM holiday sets. :)
Barielle. The company about nails and toes will be giving 10 % of their proceeds today to the National Aids trust. Barielle has a fantastic Intensive Hand Treatment Cream that restores dry , thirsty hands overnight while you sleep! They also have new holiday nail colors. Check them out at www.barielle.com
Kiehls. Kiehls makes a hand lotion called, Hand Care for a Cure Hand Salve ($12.50). All of the profits from this lotion go to amfAR, an AIDS research charity. Check out Kiehls at http://www.kiehls.com/
That's all I know of guys! I'm sure there are many more beauty brands that support World AIDS Day. If YOU know of any , leave a comment and let me know below.
Have a wonderful day everyone! If you enjoy reading my beauty posts and want to be automatically entered into all of my giveaways go to the top right and subscribe!
Thanks xoxoxo LOVELO
Hey Guys! This is my final part of my favorite Mac Eyeshadow series. Hope you have stuck with me and read all of them if you like MAC and enjoy getting recommendations for colors. If you did not see the others, I will link those posts at the bottom.
Here are my 10 favorite MAC eyeshadow colors for dark skin tones:
- Amber lights- A shimmery bright gold
- Carbon- a Matte black
- Deep Truth- A sparkly dark blue
- Goldmine- A shimmery dark yellow
- Humid- A shimmery dark green
- Knight Divine- A shimmery charcoal grey
- Romp- A shimmery brown
- Trax- A purple with gold sparkle
- Cranberry- A shimmery cranberry red
- Woodwinked- A shimmery copper/penny color
If you missed the other 3 here are the links.
Favorite MAC shadows for medium skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/mac-eyeshadow-my-top-10-picks-for-medium-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for light skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/mac-eyeshadows-top-10-picks-for-light-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for fair skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/mac-eyeshadowsmy-top-10-picks-for-fair-skinseries/
Have a GREAT day everyone!! Here's a few pictures of my cat Bear. Enjoy :)
***What kind of blog post do you all want to see me write? Do you have any specific blog requests? Leave a comment below if you do! Thanks :)
Hey Everyone! I was thinking about telling you all my top ten favorite MAC eyeshadows; but, that's too difficult. Do I tell you my favorites to use on myself? Or to use on others? And if for others , than who specifically? So, here's what I'll do. I'm going to have this post be a series.
I'll tell you my top ten picks for a FAIR SKIN TONE, LIGHT SKIN TONE, MEDIUM SKIN TONE , and DARK SKIN TONE.
With the holidays approaching,I hope this series of my favorite shades for the 4 different skin tones is helpful if you are picking out gifts!
Here is a list of my top ten MAC eyeshadows for FAIR skin tones. And, a slide show of the colors!
- Naked Lunch- a shimmery light baby pink
- Dazzlelight- a shimmery white/yellow
- Era- A very soft brown
- Arena- a light peachy shade
- All that glitters- A shimmery peachy neutral
- Omega- A very light khaki brown
- Patina- A shimmery greyish/brown
- Quarry- A soft greyish purple
- Shale- A shimmery soft purple.
- Soba- A shimmery warm brown
MAC eyeshadows cost $14.50 a piece. For a complete list of shadows, go to the MAC WEBSITE here: http://www.maccosmetics.com/
Stay tuned for my next post which will be my top 10 MAC eyeshadow picks for light skin tones... :)
1 Peter 3:4 But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
I'm very excited about today's post because it's pretty much what I talk about every day and now I just have a chance to write it all down in a helpful (hopefully helpful little blog).
I really appreciate all of your questions! Thank you so much to those of you who write me... I love to hear from you guys. I got a question the other day from a reader and this is what she said:
I rarely wear any eyeshadow ... and I am embarrassed to say that it's pretty much because I have no idea what the heck I am doing. Do you have any eye makeup/eyeshadow techniques so I don't look like a hooker??? :)
Yes, yes, yes, I do have some ideas and some things you can try. It's a shame when people don't wear eyeshadow because they don't think their doing it right. You gotta DIG IN and EXPERIMENT and I'm sure that you can get the hang of a good eyeshadow look for everyday.
Since she didn't address whether or not she wanted makeup tips for an everyday look or a night out look, I'll talk a bit about both. Here are some general tips.
- Make sure you are using an eyeshadow base or primer. In my opinion, it just doesn't make any sense to put on eyeshadow if it is not going to stay the way you put it on!! Eyeshadow bases make a HUGE difference. It's really simple, if you want your shadow to stay on all day, if you want it to look more professional, if you want it to stay the way you put it on and not get muddy and creased, USE A BASE! My favorite are MAC PAINT POTS... they are awesome. Use a color like Painterly or Soft Ochre for light skin/groundwork for dark skin. All are great neutral bases. (I'll put a photo at the bottom)
- Make sure you are using the right tools. I think eye makeup brushes make a HUGE difference when doing makeup. Two basic ones to have are a flat short rounded top brush for packing color on the lid and a longer fluffy crease brush for blending color into your crease. I will post pictures of 2 examples at the bottom.
- Mix Shimmery shadows with Matte Shadows. You can create a beautiful makeup look with just a simple shimmery shadow all the way across the eye. Or, after you apply the shimmer on your eye, use a matte shadow (something flat, without shimmer) and blend that so slightly into the crease. This will give the illusion of a larger more contoured eye.
- Don't be afraid of color. I think there are certain people who think they should be wearing a certain color eyeshadow , that there is one magical one for them out there that is going to be the best. No. Eyeshadow colors are just like color theory in art class. Basically, if you have blue eyes, an orange, bronze, or warm brown tone shadow is going to make the blue really stand out. Why? Because it is opposite on the color wheel. So, whatever color your eye is, look at a color wheel and the opposite colors on the spectrum are the color shadow that will make your eye color look more vibrant! Make sense? Another thing, because I say orange will make blue eyes look more blue, that doesn't mean you have to go get a bright orange shadow! There are shades of orange that are light shimmery and beautiful for an everyday eye look. One more thing, a blue-eyed person can look beautiful in browns, greys, purples, greens...any color as long as it is appropriate for the event..day or evening. This goes for every other eye color out there.
- When doing a smokey eye think simple. I think there is the misconception that a smokey eye is very difficult. Without going into much detail. Apply your base. Choose the color...MAC's knight devine, Twinks, and Mulch are simple choices. Pack on color only to a hair below where your crease starts. Then take a clean fluffy brush and starting in the crease just buff that line out so that its soft and smokey. Apply a dark eyeliner on top and bottom, add mascara. Boom. Done.
- Make eyeliner easy. I think eyeliner makes a simple eye look really pop! (I like the no-eyeliner look too, but I think I favor a little eyeliner, especially in the winter.) Choose a dark brown or dark charcoal, black if you're wearing darker eyeshadow colors. Gage your eyeliner to the depth of your shadow. Use liner a little darker than your shadow and always apply eyeliner after shadow to make it pop more! Eyeliner on top and a little underneath (not all the way across) will make the eye look more round. Eyeliner just simply on top will make the eye look a little more horizontal. Pencil is great, gel eyeliner is smoother , crisper and lasts longer if you can get the hang of it. Check out MAC's DIPDOWN fluidline. (Picture at Bottom).
- Finally, use a light color for highlighting. A very light shimmery shadow, a shade or two lighter than your skintone will look great under the brown and in the tear duct area of the eye. This small step will pull any eyelook together fast.
Here are some photos:
MAC DIPDOWN FLUIDLINE
Hope this was helpful! Talk to you all soon.
Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a safe last couple days with all of the Halloween festivities and things that people do. Bear was a bear for Halloween , he didn't even have to dress up!
Today, I'm going to be doing part 2 of my last post about the importance of makeup brushes.
I wanted to give you guys a little guide if you are new to buying brushes or just need a refresher on which ones are VERY important. I will be using examples from the Sonia Kashuk Brushes that anyone can purchase at Target stores. I have other favorites that I use and if you guys are interested in knowing those, then please ask me to do a separate post about those.
Here are the brushes I would buy if I were just starting out a kit and these are also the brushes I think make the biggest difference.
A short rounded top eyeshadow brush. You definitely want a basic eyeshadow brush like this one to pack shadow onto the lid or sweep up under the eyebrow.
A pointed or angled gel eyeliner brush. If you like gel eyeliner or want a liquid eyeliner that gives you a smooth clean line, a brush like this or even slanted at an angle is a must-have. I have several because you do need to clean these brushes regularly.
And that's it! There are so many brushes out there. Many brushes can do many purposes...so there is no WRONG way of using a brush...if you can make it work, it just makes you all the more an expert. But, this was a basic guide to show you which brushes I think make the most difference on a basic level.
One more thing about brushes. It is so so so important that once you invest in brushes, you are making sure you take care of them. Clean them out regularly. I use MAC's make-up brush cleaner. But, you can also use a soft soap and lukewarm water and wash them out and leave them on a towel to dry overnight. It is best if you hang them off the edge of a countertop so they don't flatten. Also, never grind them into a paper towel or your hand when cleaning them. The gentler you are , the longer your brushes will last.
These brushes are all from the Sonia Kashuk line. The website is here: http://www.soniakashuk.com/
Talk to you all soon. xoxo
Hey Guys! How important it is to use makeup brushes? Are they important? Can I just use my fingers...or a sponge or one of those little spongy eyeshadow applicator thingy's. These are questions I actually get all the time. The Importance of Makeup Brushes. And, which ones are worth buying??
Here's my answer:
There are many different companies that make makeup brushes but, we will get to that later. The first and foremost important thing to know is that Makeup Brushes MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE when doing your makeup. I think that they are essential if you want a more well blended, professional, flawless looking finish.
Many people say, "My makeup doesn't look like yours", "I can't get mine to look the way I want", or just in general, "I'm not good at makeup". My opinion is that if you have a good set of makeup brushes and you are using them, you will get better results.
Synthetic or real hair...doesn't matter. Whatever you like better. Quality is Important though. How the brush is made and the cost of the brush usually play a big part in a good makeup brush.
Here are some brands that are known for quality and some price ranges for the thrifty to the spendy.
Sonia Kashuk Brushes : These brushes are sold at all TARGET stores. They are good quality and made for the everyday woman to the experienced makeup artist. I have a set that has sleek white handles and here are some of the photos I have of these brushes. You can find just about every style brush you're looking for with the Sonia Kashuk Brand. They are well made and soft. These brushes range from about $4.99 a piece to $9.99.
They are definitely worth checking out if you want some quality brushes that won't break the bank.
Here is the Target Website that sells Sonia Kashuk: http://bit.ly/9gZ8bI
And the Official Sonia Kashuk Site:
Sigma has FANTASTIC brushes for FANTASTIC prices. They sell individual brushes as well as sets for home or travel. I LOVE my Premium Travel Kit in Silver. For $59 you get 7 essential brushes with a fold over travel bag and zip pouch inside for additional makeup. Brushes are sold on the Sigma website. Check out their site for more info! http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=202
Most of my makeup brushes are from MAC. They are the best of the best. You are paying for quality with these brushes. Real hair, hand-made and they will last you for years! Check out www.maccosmetics.com for more information.
I am going to be doing a PART 2 to this post since I still want to tell you guys what I think the Top Essential Brushes to have in your kit are! So, stay tuned.
Disclaimer: I received some of these products for possible review. My thoughts are original and honest and I was not paid for this post.
Talk to you all soon!!
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
It's homecoming season for all of you high schoolers , so have fun and be safe & most of all Love your peers. LOVE EACH OTHER!!!
When I think back to my high school years I just remember all of the "gossip" and " clicks" that went along with being a girl. I want to tell all of you... love each other. Don't return hate with hate...return hate with Love. Be kind no matter what! Just know that you are BEAUTIFUL in God's eyes-don't listen to what others say. You are a child of God and we are all created unique-there is NOTHING wrong with you.
I want to share with all of you what is in my BEAUTY BOX. My Beauty box is my everyday makeup case that I keep around to use when I get ready for the day. (Just remember....I am a makeup artist... I do not use everything I'm going to mention everyday, these are just the beauty products that I get the MOST use out of at this moment in time. Also, I may not list EVERYTHING, but I will tell you most of the products in here. )
Here are some photos of the Train Case that I call my beauty box.
First off, the box itself is from JAPONESQUE and is a medium train case. Here is the link to it on the Japonesquewebsite: http://www.japonesque.com/catalogue.cfm?fla=productsSplash
I LOVE this as my everyday beauty carrier. I was originally using a MAC makeup bag. It was a large size but it just didn't fit everything I wanted in there. I wanted something large enough that COULD fit my makeup brushes as well if I wanted to bring it with me somewhere. It's just nice to have everything in ONE place. I like that I can keep it somewhat organized also.
So first off I'll start with the bottom. I have:
- MAC studio fix fluid foundation- my staple product.
- MAC face and body foundation- I use this on my days off of work.. when I want less coverage. OR, I mix a little of this with my studio fix fluid for a little less coverage.
- 100 % Pure Healthy Skin Foundation- I just started using this...it uses pure ingredients ,smells great and the coverage is amazing!
- MAC prep and prime transparent powder: this is the perfect translusent loose powder. Soft, and sheer.
- MAC Charcoal brown eyeshadow: I use this in my eyebrows
- Benefit' s High Beam: a great cheekbone highlighter !
- MAC's Lithe pigment- a limited shade that is great for everyday.
- Bare Essentials BUXOM cream eyeshadow in poodle - a great everyday eye color or base.
- Travel size container of Q-tips!! - for any touch ups.
- Sigma travel size brushes- 7 brushes come in this case.. they are all fantastic, I put some of my MAC brushes along with them in the bundle so I can have all my "daily use" brushes in one place. Here is the link for SIGMA's brushes: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=202
- A triangle wedge sponge- for blending and my moisturizer.
- Environ AVST Gel Moisturizer- I apply this shortly before applying my foundation everyday.
- AMOR AMOR perfume- my favorite ever!
- Urban Decay's Shadow Primer Potion- I use this often or MAC Paint Pot's.
- Blinc heated eyelash curler- sometimes I curl my eyelashes- NOT VERY OFTEN.
- Japonesque clear mascara- for brows.
- MAC powerpoint liners- Favorites are Engraved, prussian, Navy Blue.
- MAC Kohl Liners- Coffee, Smolder and Fascinating- for those days I want a inner rim color.
- MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner-on the prowl black is my favorite new liquid liner.
- Anastasia Brow Pen- for defined brows fast!
- FACE -Magic Wand concealer
- MAC dazzleglass for lips in Ms. Fizz, Uttlerly posh and 'Bling Black.
- POP Beauty Lip Magnet Primer in Naked- awesome lip primer!
- MAC Prep and Prime Lash- my lashes always look longer with lash primer.
- MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara
- Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara
- MAC Plush Lash Mascara
- MAC Harmony blush- great for contouring cheekbones
- MAC Honor blush- beautiful highlight color
- MAC Rhapsody in Two Mineralize blush- great highlight color also
- MAC Paint pot in soft ochre- my favorite paint pot and one of my favorite products ever.
- MAC Lip Erase- for those days I want nude lips.
- MAC Eyeshadow NYLON- my staple eyeshadow.
- MAC Select Sheer Cover Up
- Japonesque Eyebrow groomer kit
- 2 MAC pencil sharpeners in large and small
- A MAC Tweezer
- A Small scissor for trimming my eyebrows and random things.
- MAC Fast Response Eye cream My favorite eye cream for under my concealer
- 2 Limited MAC eyeshadow palettes- I switch these out often depending on the time, season, trends and colors.
Ok! So, that's it. Remember, I do NOT use this all in one day. These are the things I like to keep on hand everyday for doing my day-to-day makeup. I hope this wasn't too boring and you guys liked digging through my makeup Box. :)
Don't forget to check out my giveaway here: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/back-to-blonde-eufora-september-giveaway/ This goes until October 1st.
Have a safe weekend everyone!