The Ultra Luxurious Gold and Diamond Face Masks and Eye Pads by Knesko SkinRead More
Atopalm-Sensitive Skincare ReviewRead More
Tips for Softer Skin for Spring and SummerRead More
Current Favorite Sensitive Skincare Products!Read More
My Favorite Beauty Picks from December and Gift Ideas for you!Read More
Stocking Stuffers -Face Masks and Body Care Part 2Read More
My top two favorite sunscreens for the body for summer 2012.Read More
My favorite new sunscreen for the face!Read More
Get smoother softer skin this summer with products from perfectly posh.Read More
Treat your skin once a week with face masks. Here are a few of my favorites.Read More
How to Get a Red Carpet Glow
By Lee Ann Buttery
Sure, celebrities have an extremely flexible budget where they can splurge on the best foods, most luxurious cosmetic and skin care products on the market, and indulge at the most lavish spas on the globe. So perhaps we can attribute their seemingly flawless faces to their routine facials and high-end cosmetic collection, but as for the rest of us commoners, we too can emulate a celebrity-esque glow even on a humble budget. Continue reading to get tips on how to achieve a red-carpet worthy glow that would even make the Kardashians green with envy.
- Diet- the overall appearance of your skin is largely contingent on what you put in your body. Your face (and body) is bound to reflect health and vitality if you consume a balanced diet rich in good fats, omega-3’s (i.e. salmon, flaxseed), antioxidants, whole grains, protein, fruits and vegetables- especially dark, leafy veggies. Moreover, if you avoid junk food, you’re doing your skin a big favor.
- Sleep- they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing. Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night and do your best to hit the sack before 11 p.m. In sleep mode, your skin renews itself during the hours of 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. a.k.a. “beauty sleep.” So you might have to tape David Letterman episodes henceforth.
- Drink Up- water and green tea that is. You’ve heard it before- aim to gulp down at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help flush toxins and impurities out of your body. Sipping 3-4 cups of green tea a day is also very beneficial for your skin as it’s loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, will help to impart a healthy glow. Drinking too many cocktails can sabotage your skin and of course, your health, so try to limit alcohol consumption to no more than once a week.
- Exercise- as basic and simple as it may sound, breaking up a sweat will help release toxins out of your body and thus help your skin radiate. So get movin’!
- Proper Skin Care Regimen- a good skin care regimen that is customized for your personal skin type is essential in achieving a red carpet glow. You might be thinking duh right now, but too many people use the wrong products for their skin type. If you’re unsure what your skin type is, then check out our website for an online analysis Mario Badescu Skin Care.
- Do a DIY Spa Treatment- If you can’t afford a facial at the spa, then feed your skin with a mask that can be concocted with glow-enhancing ingredients straight from your kitchen. For instance, apply honey on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. Great for any skin type, honey will cleanse your pores and help tighten your pores. If you have dry skin, apply mayonnaise on your face (avoiding the eye area) and leave on for 20-30 minutes. This will help tighten your pores and moisturize your skin.
- Makeup- with makeup application, the key is ‘less is more’ for a dewy glow. On a clean face, apply a lightweight moisturizer followed by a primer before you apply makeup. Choose foundation that is suitable for your skin type. If you have normal to oily skin, opt for a liquid or powder foundation. If you have normal to dry skin, choose a liquid or cream foundation. You can even mix in a drop or two of moisturizer in your foundation for a dewy look- but this tip is best for dry skin types. To avoid looking cakey, go very light on the loose powder to set your foundation. For a gorgeous glow, blush is a must. If you have normal to oily skin, use a powder blush, and if you have normal to dry skin, opt for a cream blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks and blend toward the temples.
Lee Ann Buttery is a Licensed Esthetician and Professional Makeup Artist based in the Princeton, New Jersey area. She also works for Mario Badescu Skin Care. A couple of her favorite Mario Badescu products are the Vitamin C Serum and the Seaweed Cleansing Soap. One of her passions in the skin care industry is acne treatment. She is a busy mom of a baby son and is an unashamed Britney Spears fan.
photo from : skbeautyexpert.wordpress.com
Hey Guys, Before you start thinking… Vaseline? Who cares about Vaseline.. it’s nothing special. I just wanted to point out some things to you today about this very basic beauty product.
I came across an adorable new Vaseline product called lip therapy. It is so tiny and
cute and is the perfect size for your purse. I usually like anything if it is in an itty bitty size container.
It’s a great lip product, to help protect and keep moisture in. I also use this at night before I go to bed to keep my lips extra hydrated.
I also was reading recently that Marilyn Monroe used to use Vaseline on her face to keep in young and soft. Supposedly, Vaseline is too thick and will not sink in and clog pores. Instead, it sits on top of the skin creating a barrier so that pollutants from the air can not get in, and moisture from the skin can not escape. I have never tried this…but I’m curious.. have you tried using it this way???
Besides for dry lips, cracked elbows and knees, dry skin, and softening cuticles, Vaseline also has many other uses. I found a very interesting article if you are interested in more ideas for vaseline! http://www.mythirtyspot.com/2011/09/20-uses-for-vaseline-girls-best-friend.html
photo from mythirtyspot.com
The most interesting of all of them, was using vaseline on your eyelashes at night to help them thicken and grow. HAVE YOU TRIED THIS?? Does it work?? I’m curious to find out!!
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
Hey! ** If you are receiving this through an e-mail because you have subscribed to this blog: please go over to my NEW SITE for my blog and subscribe to that one, because I don't know how long I will continue posting the same information on both blog sites:) Thanks! www.lovelobeauty.com ***
I’ve recently been into treating my skin with face masks. I started one night when I had some spare time by using the Pangea Organics Facial Mask and after my skin felt so amazing that I was hooked. For the past few weeks now, I have been using face masks once or twice a week.
Here are my favorite face treatment masks.
Pangea Organics Facial Mask Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry. This mask is for ALL skin types. I’m not going to lie, this looks pretty gross going on, it’s muddy and grainy. But, on the skin it feels so amazing. And,when you take it off your skin is exfoliated, and feels SUPER clean!! I absolutely love this mask. It is one of my all time favorites I have ever used. http://www.pangeaorganics.com/
Freeman Facial Clay Mask in Chocolate & Strawberry. I was so curious about this mask. I was thinking, how could something that smells like chocolate strawberry be good for my skin? But- I was convinced the first time I used this that it works wonders. This feels like it really balances my skin. It feels like it cleans and balances your pores so that they are not oily but your skin feels hydrated. My skin is usually very sensitive to overly drying clay masks, and this one did not irritate my skin at all. http://www.freemanbeauty.com/
Face Q Grape Seed and Green Tea Mask. The first thing about this mask is the adorable packaging. There is a whole line of these Face Q masks and all of them are so cute!! This is one of those peel off masks that has cut-outs for your eyes, nose and mouth. You just put it on and peel it off. It is formulated with all natural botanical extracts and grape seed which has synergistic effect with collagen and elastin, making skin a shiny and flexible and prevents wrinkles. http://www.imomoko.com/product_detail.php?ID=3599
What’s your favorite face mask ?? Share it below! Don’t forget to find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lovelo-Beauty-Makeup-Lashes-and-Beauty-Blog/168179293250807?ref=ts and Pinterest and subscribe above if you enjoyed this blog and want to keep up to date with all of my posts.
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
Hey Guys! It may seem like I’ve been talking a lot about drugstore make up lately, but…it’s true, I have found a lot of great products at the drug store!
I always use concealer. Even if I don’t wear a lot of foundation, a little concealer can go a long way. For the most part, I have always used MAC studio finish or moisture cover concealer. They usually do the trick. I also love Bobbi Brown’s correctors and concealers! But- it’s really nice when you can find something really inexpensive that does the trick.
I recently went to help my mom pick out some new make up. We ended up getting the Physicians Forumula Concealer Twin in Yellow/light. It has two ends which help correct and camouflage different areas.
When we got home , I tried a little on myself and quickly realized I loved the texture, consistancy and coverage of this concealer. It’s more drying than most , but goes on smoothly. It also dries down matte, which I personally like when trying to conceal areas.
I’ve found too many times that concealers for me just glide off my skin, or are too creamy. I would not recommend this for dry, mature skin types. I would recommend it more for those who get oily, or have combination skin. At my local Target this was close to $7.
The pinker side is perfect for concealing small blemishes and to brighten under the eyes. The yellow side I use in very small amounts to conceal any areas that appear a little more pink like around the nose, and cheeks.
I hope this review was helpful!! Have you tried this Physicians Formula Concealer Twin??
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
**I was not paid for this review, all opinions are my own thoughts and personal experiences with this product.
Hey! Happy Memorial Day...hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Here are some easy tips to get glowing skin, and put your best face forward this summer. :)
- Drink lots of water- there is nothing better for your skin!
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables- Not only do they have very beneficial vitamins for your skin nutrition but they will help flush out toxins that not only help your skin but your overall body health.
- Moisturize- Make sure that you use moisturizer every day, drying out your skin can actually produce more oil which leads to more acne. Hydrated skin is softer, brighter and more radiant. Try MAC's Complete Comfort Creme.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week- Exfoliating your skin with a gentle scrub is important to slough off dead skin cells and reveal newer smoother skin.
- Give yourself mini facials- There are many products out there that are mini 5 to 10 minute facials that can help reduce oil, boost radiance, hydrate the skin and tone the skin. That's just what the "Comfort Zone Glorious Skin Mask" does. Get glowing skin in 10 minutes. Helps to tighten, tone and moisturize skin leaving it soft and refreshed.
- Use sunscreen- this is pretty self explanatory. There are so many studies that say any more than 15 to 20 minutes can have harmful effects. Try the ECO logical skin care sunscreen. Here are it's benefits! http://ecologicalskin.com/products/
:) Have a great week everyone! Talk to you soon.
Hey Guys! How is everyone? I was doing a lot of makeup for prom this weekend and that always makes me very busy and very tired. It left me little time to write something up for all of you. But, the good news is todays post is going to be very informal and interesting.
Have you heard of BB Creams? BB stands for Blemish Balm. I was seeing a lot of beauty experts talk about this product and I immediately wanted to try it. I recently have had the opportunity to try 2 BB creams from the BRTC brand. My opinion so far has been EXTREMELY POSITIVE. I LOVE this stuff. Why isn't it more popular in the U.S yet? That is my question...
BB Creams are very popular in East and Southeast Asia. This is also the only known place I know that is selling them right now. They may have popped up in other areas but I am not aware of them. BB creams were first used in Germany by dermatologists in order to help laser surgery patients. The cream was to help sooth and protect sensitive skin while providing some coverage for imperfections. Korean celebrities quickly found out about this product that provides natural coverage while hydrating and priming the skin.
The interesting thing about this product is it's multi-use function, foundation, primer, moisturizer, sometimes it has sunscreen, other times it has brightening properties and other good nutrients for the skin!
My experience, LOVE AT FIRST USE! The first one I tried was the BRTC Jasmine Water BB cream.
This seems to have about medium coverage, it conceals very well and matches my skin perfectly even though it only comes in one color! AMAZING! It also feels very hydrating and my skin has been feeling so wonderful since I started using this a few weeks ago. It seems to dry to almost a natural or matte finish which I love. I don't feel like I need to even where foundation with this and the best part is I only need about a pea size amount.
The other one I tried is the BRTC Gold Caviar BB cream. This one seemed to have a little lighter coverage with a satin finish. My skin tends to be oily to normal and I didn't like the finish of this one as much. But, I would definitely recommend this one for dry skin.
This has only been my first experience with any brand of BB cream. But, so far my experience has been so positive and left me feeling like I need to try more!!
If you want to learn more about these products I tried and BB cream in general you can go to: http://www.brtcstore.com/newhomepage.htm
Tell me, have you heard of BB cream? Tell me your experience. I have a feeling BB cream is going to be pretty popular in years to come.
Note: I received these products from PR. I am not affiliate with nor was paid for this review. My opinions are 100 % honest as always.
Hi Guys! A few days ago I went to Target after work. I absolutely love Target and can always find so many good things to buy or look at.
I went there for a specific purpose. I had seen two products on beauty guru reviews that are NEW and looked interesting to me.
The first is the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller (with a tint).
This product comes non-tinted as well and when I saw the one with concealer I knew I had to try this one! It's an eye treatment for tired puffy eyes plus it has concealer that will lighten dark circles under the eye. A perfect pick me up!
So, I've been using this the last two days and I'm SO impressed. I used it after work one day when my eyes felt tired and it instantly brightened them and the concealer lightened any dark pigment under the eye. It was just like I had thought... an instant little pick me up! Now, I use it right away in the morning when I'm still kinda tired...and also one throughout the day if I need a little extra something. I will probably talk about this again or do another review. I love it so far!
The second product I picked up was the: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Spray. And, I have a confession to make. This was sold out in my first Target trip. I went to Ulta the very next day and they were sold out too. So, last night, I went to Target (a different one) and they had two left!!! I was so excited to finally find it because I have heard that this is great for dark roots...as your blonde hair grows out. I have not tried it yet. But, I will let you know my thoughts once I have an opinion.
Have a great Monday!!
Hey Everyone! I have had lack of internet access..it's been going in and out for a while now. Plus, with all this snow we got here it has thrown a wrench into plans, work and other things.
Anyway, I drew the winner of my Enivron giveaway at random and the winner is....Jess , who's response was this:
Hey Guys! I'm back tonight to share with you guys 2 more things I have been loving through the month of November. These will be my last two for this month in my Best of Beauty Products.
Hang tight because I am giving away one of these products to one of you reading!!
I have been using the Macadamia Natural Oil products for the last couple of weeks and I absolutely love the smell and way my hair feels and looks after using these. I'm totally hooked.
First, I heard about the "Macadamia Deep Repair Mask". I heard that it makes hair super silky smooth and is great for long hair and repairing split ends, but then I realized that all of their products are really great for maintaining healthy hair. The deep repair mask feels amazing and leaves my hair easy to comb out after washing. The healing oil spray is fantastic for repairing split ends and keeping hair looking shiny and soft and the Nourishing leave in conditioner is the perfect thing to turn to when I still have trouble getting a comb through my hair.
A really great set for the holidays is the "Get Hooked Pack." I will write a full review more in detail about these products I've been loving but for now, here are some pictures and the website: http://www.macadamiahair.com/
And Finally, the last best of beauty for November is my AVST 1 facial moisturizer. AVST stands for Advanced Vitamin Skin Therapy. I have been using this line of moisturizers every day for the last 3 months. My skin has been looking clear, and feeling great! I keep this in my beauty box or makeup box for everyday use and apply it right before I apply my foundation. I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin and how it makes it feels soothed and relaxed.
This is my "daily skin vitamin" and I have been loving it. Read more about this product here:http://www.environ.co.za/ranges/avst-range
Now, the Environ AVST moisturizer line goes up in levels. You want to start at 1 and go up.. I have been using level one and loving it. The levels just depend how potent or powerful the ingredients are. You want to start with 1 especially if you have sensitive skin and want to work your way into using such powerful vitamins applied directly to your skin.
Environ is letting me give one away to one of you!!
Here's what you have to do to win:
1. You must be a subscriber to this blog. If you're not and want to be, there is a button at the top right of this page.
2. You must live in the U.S . Environ only ships in the U.S.
3. Answer below, Have you found a daily moisturizer you really love, and if so , what is it??
4. ***Bonus, if you want an extra entry.. go to http://www.environ.co.za/ranges/avst-range and tell me what the highest level AVST moisturizer's go up to..
:) Contest will end next Sunday night December 12th at 11 pm Central Time.
Hey Everyone! So, as promised I want to tell you about the great opportunity Biopelle has given me. If you have read my previous blog posts , you know that I have been using some products from Biopelle's skin care line and I blogged about some favorites in this post: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/boasting-about-biopelle/
Take a look at this post and read about these skin care products I have been LOVING. They are the :
- AFA Cream Cleanser with Dead Sea Minerals - one of the BEST skin cleansers I have ever used. Takes off make-up effortlessly and feels comforting and rich.
- AFA Ultra-Rich Moisturizer with Dead Sea Minerals- rich and hydrating.
- Tensage Intensive Ampoules- these are highly addictive! Leave your skin soft and smooth.
Everything I have used from Biopelle so far has been gentle, and comforting for my skin. I have more sensitive skin and have had no problems whatsoever with any of these products. They have only seemed to help restore the smoothness and moisture that my face needs.
Now onto the giveaway! Biopelle is going to be giving away all three of my favorite products to one LUCKY subscriber. Seriously guys- you want to enter this one...these products are AMAZING. You will win all three of these products.
Here's the Rules to enter:
- Be 18 or older
- Must live in the U.S (Biopelle will only ship in the U.S)
- Must be a subscriber of mine :) - because I like to give away things to those who are subscribed (You may subscribe if you're reading my blog for the first time and enjoy it! )
- Must "like" Biopelle" on Facebook- here is their link. http://www.facebook.com/biopelle
- And, answer this question below: What is your favorite skincare line over the counter or high-end. If you don't have a favorite, which skin care line would you like to try???
- *** bonus- I'll add one more way to get a second entry. If you mention this link to my blog post : http://bit.ly/cUbsfJ on your facebook or own person blog I will put your name in twice!!
And that's it! This contest will end in two weeks. So, that's Sunday October 24th!!! ENTER ENTER ENTER because these would be fabulous to win! I LOVE them. <3
Any questions feel free to e-mail me. firstname.lastname@example.org