My rainbow nails inspired by salon perfects new spring colors out exclusively in May at wal mart stores.Read More
Lyrics by the Inspirational India Arie:
Back when I had a little I thought that I needed a lot A little was over rated, but a lot was a little too complicated You see-Zero didn't satisfy me A million didn't make me happy That's when I learned a lesson That it's all about your perception Hey-are you a pauper or a superstar So you act, so you feel, so you are It ain't about the size of your car
It's about the size of the faith in your heart
Off in the back country of Brazil A met a young brother that made me feel That I could accomplish anything. You see just like me he wanted to sing He had no windows and no doors He lived a simple life and was extremely poor On top of all of that he had no eye sight, but that didn't keep him from seein' the light He said, what's it like in the USA, and all I did was complain He said-livin' here is paradise He taught me paradise is in your mind You know that
Every time I turn on the T.V. (There's Hope) Somebody's acting crazy (There's Hope) If you let it, it will drive you crazy (There's Hope) but I'm takin' back my power today (There's Hope) Gas prices they just keep on rising (There's Hope) The government they keep on lying but we gotta keep on surviving Keep living our truth and do the best we can do
I used to have this song as my phone ringtone about 5 years ago... i heard it the other day and it made me think that it's a good song lyric to remember at this time. Christmas time...when we should be thankful for what we have and not focused on what we still need.
So it's the EVE before Christmas Eve... and I still have some last minute gift ideas for anyone needing a girly kind of gift, or stocking stuffer.
- Spongeables. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love this company! These sponges are already loaded with soap and you can get tons of uses out of them. They make great soap/sponges for travel or for at home. I have a few Christmas ones that I am absolutely in love with...Christmas shapes for the Christmas season. You can find these at stores like ULTA, WAL MART and RITE AID.
- Another gift Idea is Tocca fragrances that are found at Anthropology stores. Fragrance always makes a wonderful gift because it's something you can really get a lot of use out of. Some girls are picky but others like a variety of fragrances so something with an ornate bottle for on top of a vanity is always a lovely gift. I love the Tocca brand because of the beautiful packaging as well as wonderful product scents. Anthropology stores carry Tocca frangrances along with other wonderful unique gift ideas for the trendy girl.
- Ulta stores always have great deals this time of year. Right now, if you spend $30 or more on a fragrance you get a free bathrobe. It seems like every time I go into an Ulta store they have some kind of great deals on cosmetics, hair, or nail products. Love this store. http://www.ulta.com/
- Barnes and Noble is my home away from home. I think any girl/woman could find a book, or magazine that they would like at this store. They also have really cute office supplies, journals and music if the person you're buying for doesn't enjoy reading. But a good book or journal is always a memorable gift. :)
- Sephora. I could go on and on about things to find in this store...they have something for every budget. The Sephora by OPI nail polish make great stocking stuffers. Sephora always has a section of smaller (less priced) product items by the registers. Check those out too!
Have a wonderful day shopping or with family and friends! I'm going to go enjoy mine.
Hey Everyone! Hope your week is going along well. The other day I talked about some fabulous beauty deals at TARGET. Today , I want to share with you some products I've been loving that can be bought at Wal-Mart! They are inexpensive doups for some big name brands.
Hard Candy is sold at Wal-Mart stores and they have face products, lip and eye products. Some of them are targeted at the 13-16 range with really glittery or shimmery products but then others are products that a woman of any age could get away with using and wearing!
Three products I have really been impressed with are Hard Candy's :
- Fat Pout Lipgloss-Plumping Serum
- and Glow all the Way-Skin Luminizer
Glamoflauge comes in 3 different shades, light, medium and tan and has EXCELLENT coverage. I was a little caught of guard when I tried this concealer for the first time. I squeezed a lot from the tube thinking it would be sheer. NO. This is heavy-duty concealer and I really feel like it get's the job done.
Fat Pout Lip gloss comes in a really pretty variety of shimmering colors. They are pretty sheer and have a slight tingle. I felt like they were plumping my lips without being too rough or harsh. These are a GREAT lip gloss/plumper if you've always thought you've wanted to try one but don't have the means to spend $18-22 on a lip gloss!
Glow all the Way Skin Luminzer comes in 2 shades to make your skin more luminous and glowing. There is a tan called glamazon bronze for a pretty shimmery bronzy look and a soft pink called dollface to give you more of a youthful fresh pink glow. These can be used on the face or body.
FTC Man- I received these for possible review. But, I am not being paid for this review and my thoughts are 100 % honest, as always.
DON'T FORGET O SUBSCRIBE AND ENTER MY GIVEAWAY 2 POSTS DOWN TO WIN AN AVST1 MOISTURIZER!!
Hey Everyone! I want to ask you something? As a pre-teen or elementary school student what did you used to buy your friends? More specifically, when you went to birthday parties in elementary school and junior high what did your parents buy you to give to friends?
This recently came to mind because I remember giving so many of my friends the "Jellies" caboodles with makeup inside, ( I guess I was a makeup artist at a very young age). I think for about 2 or 3 years straight I would buy a caboodle and fill it with nail polish, lip gloss, mascara...etc.
Here is the best picture I could find of a " jelly caboodle." Do any of you guys remember these??? I'm not crazy right!? I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. If any of you still have one of these, please take a picture and send it to me!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyway, to get to the point of my story, I used to buy these at Target. NOW, they have lots of different makeup bags, boxes and cases you can purchase for your makeup.
A brand called SOHO is amongst the brands that sell cosmetics cases at stores like Target and Wal-Mart. You can find large cases for professional use to smaller simple ones for makeup or jewelry storage. The prices are great, so you don't have to worry about spending a fortune. These would make great gifts for the girl who likes cute or classy make up organizers.
I have a small-sized zebra print case that I actually keep jewelry in right now. These are a great gifting size.
I Love animal print and this one is REALLY cute!
The other one I have is the large professional size. I wanted to show you just how big this professional size case is, so I put it next to my two other cases, the one from SOHO the other from Japonesque.
Soho beauty cases have some GREAT new colors and trends for Fall 2010. You can check out their website here for more information! http://www.sohobeautycases.com/
Disclaimer: I received these cases on a possible review bases. I was not paid for this blog post and everything here are my honest opinions and thoughts.