Get smoother softer skin this summer with products from perfectly posh.Read More
How to Get a Red Carpet Glow
By Lee Ann Buttery
Sure, celebrities have an extremely flexible budget where they can splurge on the best foods, most luxurious cosmetic and skin care products on the market, and indulge at the most lavish spas on the globe. So perhaps we can attribute their seemingly flawless faces to their routine facials and high-end cosmetic collection, but as for the rest of us commoners, we too can emulate a celebrity-esque glow even on a humble budget. Continue reading to get tips on how to achieve a red-carpet worthy glow that would even make the Kardashians green with envy.
- Diet- the overall appearance of your skin is largely contingent on what you put in your body. Your face (and body) is bound to reflect health and vitality if you consume a balanced diet rich in good fats, omega-3’s (i.e. salmon, flaxseed), antioxidants, whole grains, protein, fruits and vegetables- especially dark, leafy veggies. Moreover, if you avoid junk food, you’re doing your skin a big favor.
- Sleep- they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing. Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night and do your best to hit the sack before 11 p.m. In sleep mode, your skin renews itself during the hours of 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. a.k.a. “beauty sleep.” So you might have to tape David Letterman episodes henceforth.
- Drink Up- water and green tea that is. You’ve heard it before- aim to gulp down at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help flush toxins and impurities out of your body. Sipping 3-4 cups of green tea a day is also very beneficial for your skin as it’s loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, will help to impart a healthy glow. Drinking too many cocktails can sabotage your skin and of course, your health, so try to limit alcohol consumption to no more than once a week.
- Exercise- as basic and simple as it may sound, breaking up a sweat will help release toxins out of your body and thus help your skin radiate. So get movin’!
- Proper Skin Care Regimen- a good skin care regimen that is customized for your personal skin type is essential in achieving a red carpet glow. You might be thinking duh right now, but too many people use the wrong products for their skin type. If you’re unsure what your skin type is, then check out our website for an online analysis Mario Badescu Skin Care.
- Do a DIY Spa Treatment- If you can’t afford a facial at the spa, then feed your skin with a mask that can be concocted with glow-enhancing ingredients straight from your kitchen. For instance, apply honey on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. Great for any skin type, honey will cleanse your pores and help tighten your pores. If you have dry skin, apply mayonnaise on your face (avoiding the eye area) and leave on for 20-30 minutes. This will help tighten your pores and moisturize your skin.
- Makeup- with makeup application, the key is ‘less is more’ for a dewy glow. On a clean face, apply a lightweight moisturizer followed by a primer before you apply makeup. Choose foundation that is suitable for your skin type. If you have normal to oily skin, opt for a liquid or powder foundation. If you have normal to dry skin, choose a liquid or cream foundation. You can even mix in a drop or two of moisturizer in your foundation for a dewy look- but this tip is best for dry skin types. To avoid looking cakey, go very light on the loose powder to set your foundation. For a gorgeous glow, blush is a must. If you have normal to oily skin, use a powder blush, and if you have normal to dry skin, opt for a cream blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks and blend toward the temples.
Lee Ann Buttery is a Licensed Esthetician and Professional Makeup Artist based in the Princeton, New Jersey area. She also works for Mario Badescu Skin Care. A couple of her favorite Mario Badescu products are the Vitamin C Serum and the Seaweed Cleansing Soap. One of her passions in the skin care industry is acne treatment. She is a busy mom of a baby son and is an unashamed Britney Spears fan.
photo from : skbeautyexpert.wordpress.com
Hey Guys, Before you start thinking… Vaseline? Who cares about Vaseline.. it’s nothing special. I just wanted to point out some things to you today about this very basic beauty product.
I came across an adorable new Vaseline product called lip therapy. It is so tiny and
cute and is the perfect size for your purse. I usually like anything if it is in an itty bitty size container.
It’s a great lip product, to help protect and keep moisture in. I also use this at night before I go to bed to keep my lips extra hydrated.
I also was reading recently that Marilyn Monroe used to use Vaseline on her face to keep in young and soft. Supposedly, Vaseline is too thick and will not sink in and clog pores. Instead, it sits on top of the skin creating a barrier so that pollutants from the air can not get in, and moisture from the skin can not escape. I have never tried this…but I’m curious.. have you tried using it this way???
Besides for dry lips, cracked elbows and knees, dry skin, and softening cuticles, Vaseline also has many other uses. I found a very interesting article if you are interested in more ideas for vaseline! http://www.mythirtyspot.com/2011/09/20-uses-for-vaseline-girls-best-friend.html
photo from mythirtyspot.com
The most interesting of all of them, was using vaseline on your eyelashes at night to help them thicken and grow. HAVE YOU TRIED THIS?? Does it work?? I’m curious to find out!!
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
Hey Everyone! I have had lack of internet access..it's been going in and out for a while now. Plus, with all this snow we got here it has thrown a wrench into plans, work and other things.
Anyway, I drew the winner of my Enivron giveaway at random and the winner is....Jess , who's response was this:
Hey Everyone! I'm back to share more November favorites with you all. I had such a rough morning. We just moved into a new place and one of our cars was broken into, broke the window and front console. To top it off it is like 10 degrees Fahrenheit and scheduled to snow. So to put it mildly, this post may be a bit scatterbrained. I'm sorry.
1st things 1st. My winner of GoNails has not contacted me yet, and I really want you to get your product!!
Donna was my winner who commented on my GO nails post. I do not have your e-mail Donna, so please contact me with your info. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow at 1 pm central time, I'm going to have to pick another winner at random. So, please e-mail me! firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Three things I have been loving this month. The first is:
Le Angelique hair extensions. These are 100 % natural human hair, with easy to clip in strips that can enhance the length, thickness or style of your current hairstyle. Each set contains h 7 Clip ins which are 18 Inch Long. You can get them in a variety of colors and you treat them like you would your OWN hair. Wash, dry, brush and curl.
My hair has always been naturally very straight and thin. When I put these in, I love the volume I can create and the thicker texture I get. I will be doing a full review on these extensions and talking more in detail. But, they are SO fun, and such a great product. They feel JUST like my hair and I had to tell you guys about them. Le Angelique sells other beauty tools and products. Go check out their website: http://www.leangelique.com
Next thing I've been loving is the WONDERBAR. I'm kinda impressed by this thing. It's been making my skin feel so good. It's an ALL IN ONE skin care bar that helps heal and detoxify skin. It's a PH balanced beauty treatment disguised as a bar of soap. This helps oily skin be less oily and dry skin be less dry. So really, it is for someone of any skin type. It is NOT SOAP, it's made of Chlorey’nahre and Heilmoor clay of Austria. ???
I will show you a picture of this and you will NOT believe this little bar does all that! The website is super adorable too and has all the information you'll need. Check that out here: http://www.wonderbarusa.com/
This would make an awesome stocking stuffer or gift if you get the large size!!
Another great stocking stuffer are Spongeables. These sponges massage, cleanse and moisturize all in one. No need to add shower gel or soap. All you do is get them wet and use. I LOVE having these in my shower. They smell great and are inexpensive! Find them at Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid, and CVS. Check out the website here: http://www.spongeables.com/web/home.php
Has anyone seen the preview for Black Swan? I want to see that movie asap! Let me know, did you see it tonight??