Bronze Smokey Eye Tutorial with YSL PaletteRead More
Ellis Faas Makeup-First Impressions/ReviewRead More
Jennifer Lopez Inspired Makeup TutorialRead More
5 Simple Tips for a Smokey Eye Look with DemonstrationRead More
Gift Items to Splurge on from Sephora!Read More
Gift Ideas for Mesmerizing Eyes- Eye Palettes and SetsRead More
To me- applying an eye shadow base before applying make up is like brushing your teeth. It's absolutely necessary and NEEDS TO BE DONE!! I am surprised at how many people never use eye shadow primers. A good primer makes all the difference in the world when you want to create a really beautiful professional looking eye look. It helps your eye make up last longer, prevents it from creasing,
brings out the depth of the colors and makes your lid look more even and perfected.
My favorite is "Painterly" Paint Pot from MAC Cosmetics. This is something I really don't go a day without. I have tried dozens of eye shadow primers and I'm still addicted to my Painterly.
Please watch my short video I made talking about this WONDERFUL product!
Run don't walk to get this for your lovely lids if you don't have it already. If you're going to a local MAC store (in the Twin Cities) , feel free to reach out to me for some other product recommendations and I can let the amazing girls that work there that you're coming in. ;)
(C) Lovelo Beauty 2012
Hi Guys! Did you enjoy my interview with Petra Strand of Pixi Makeup? Hope you did! The coolest thing was that after trying some of her makeup line, I got to ask her some questions! If you haven't seen it yet, here is the link: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/interview-with-petra-strand-of-pixi-make-up/http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/interview-with-petra-strand-of-pixi-make-up/
Pixi Beauty, Petra's line of cosmetics have a new product called the Succulent Lip Twin's. It is an adorable little tube that contains lip balm and lip & cheek tint. They are not only a wonderful multi-use product, but their long-lasting, feel great on your lips and come in some bold colors for spring and summer!
The other item from Pixi I have tried is the "weekend of makeup". This is a kit that includes, eyeshadows, blush and lip colors all broken up by days of the week. There is a Monday through Sunday and each color is different. Petra talks about her influence behind this kit in the interview I did and posted yesterday. This would be a great kit to have if you are new to makeup and want to be able to try multiple colors and shades without spending a ton of money. This would also be great if you want something simple to take with you when you go on trips. This has so many colors and shades and is all in one little booklet!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday! Talk to you all soon.
Hi! Target is a great one stop shop. One of the most popular beauty brands at Target is Sonia Kashuk. Over the past couple of months I've been using some of the products which I've been quite impressed with.
I love the nail polishes, they are long-lasting and vibrant trendy colors. The purple one from the collection below is my favorite!! There is a beautiful coral/orange shade, a bright pink, a nude/concrete shade and a mossy green. You can find them at Target stores!
Her lip glosses and lipsticks come in really bold amazing shades and for $8.99 they're a great deal! They are long-lasting and feel great on your lips.
The bare minimum pressed bronzer is one of my favorites from the line. Not only does it look beautiful in the packaging but it's perfect for giving a bronzed look or sculpted cheekbones and only $9.99. Here is the website...http://soniakashuk.com/
Hey Guys!! I really don't remember enjoying spring as much as I am this year. It's probably because of the really cold, snow-filled winter we had here.
If you are looking to add some fun spring colors to your eyeshadow collection but are a little afraid of going bold and unsure of what to try, I have just the thing for you!!! It's Sonia Kashuk's Eye on Color instructional eye shadow palette in 01. Oh man, I just aboutdied when I saw how pretty this was!
I think this is a perfect eyeshadow palette for spring because it has 12 spring colors to choose from that can create awesome eyeshadow looks. And, when you want to experiment with color it's great to have lots of variety to figure out what you like the best.
The other cool thing about this palette is that for the "less experienced" there is a slide out section underneath that has directions and numbers each eyeshadow to show you certain looks you can create.
Wash of Color, Deep Contoured Crease, and a Smokey Eye.
This palette can be found at Target and only retails for $19.99. It's definitely a deal! The quality of these shadows is not as rich and pigmented as a MAC eyeshadow but it's not a super light wash either. They are somewhere in between.
***Just a tip, make sure to wear an eyeshadow base to keep this looking flawless and for lasting color! MAC's Painterly is my favorite.
This is a link to the Target website where the Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette can be found! http://www.target.com/Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Palette-Shadow/dp/B004M8WVP8
Happy Spring make-up shopping!
FTC Man- I recieved this product on a possible review basis. I was not paid for this review and am not affiliated with this brand. My opinions are 100 % honest as always.
Hey Guys! This is my final part of my favorite Mac Eyeshadow series. Hope you have stuck with me and read all of them if you like MAC and enjoy getting recommendations for colors. If you did not see the others, I will link those posts at the bottom.
Here are my 10 favorite MAC eyeshadow colors for dark skin tones:
- Amber lights- A shimmery bright gold
- Carbon- a Matte black
- Deep Truth- A sparkly dark blue
- Goldmine- A shimmery dark yellow
- Humid- A shimmery dark green
- Knight Divine- A shimmery charcoal grey
- Romp- A shimmery brown
- Trax- A purple with gold sparkle
- Cranberry- A shimmery cranberry red
- Woodwinked- A shimmery copper/penny color
If you missed the other 3 here are the links.
Favorite MAC shadows for medium skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/mac-eyeshadow-my-top-10-picks-for-medium-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for light skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/mac-eyeshadows-top-10-picks-for-light-skinseries/
Favorite MAC shadows for fair skin tones: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/mac-eyeshadowsmy-top-10-picks-for-fair-skinseries/
Have a GREAT day everyone!! Here's a few pictures of my cat Bear. Enjoy :)
***What kind of blog post do you all want to see me write? Do you have any specific blog requests? Leave a comment below if you do! Thanks :)
Hey Everyone!! I hope you are all having a good week. Today is part 3 and I will be telling you my favorite MAC eye shadows for Medium skin tones.
First, I must boast about a product I am LOVING. It is Bobbi Brown's Corrector. Am I the last person on the planet to try this?? Seriously, why did I not know this stuff existed. It has super powers. No, not really. But it's amazing on dark circles. You still need to use concealer after using this product but it takes out any dark shadow under the eye. Here is a link to see the product on the BB Website: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22762&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6398
Now, for my top 10 MAC shadows for medium skin tones.
- Woodwinked- a bonzey copper penny shade
- Sable- a deep shimmery plum/brown
- Mulch- a sparkly dark rich brown
- Antiqued- a shimmery brown/red
- Sumptuous Olive- a shimmery green olive
- Amber Lights- a shimmery bright copper/orange
- Bronze- a shimmery bronze
- Shadowy Lady- a deep matte purple
- Expensive Pink- a shimmery pinkish orange
- Dazzlelight- a shimmery light yellow/white
If you missed my top 10 shadow picks for light skin tones or fair skin tones here are those links:
Stay tuned in for the next part in this series. I will name my top 10 Mac shadows for dark skin tones. Also coming up... A Pacifica perfume review, and a product that will help your nails grow long and healthy fast!!!
:) Thank you to my subscribers. I appreciate all of you and love you for following my blog.
"Be beautiful to my self first, and then to anyone else who cares to see me." ~Maya Angelou
Hey Everyone! I was thinking about telling you all my top ten favorite MAC eyeshadows; but, that's too difficult. Do I tell you my favorites to use on myself? Or to use on others? And if for others , than who specifically? So, here's what I'll do. I'm going to have this post be a series.
I'll tell you my top ten picks for a FAIR SKIN TONE, LIGHT SKIN TONE, MEDIUM SKIN TONE , and DARK SKIN TONE.
With the holidays approaching,I hope this series of my favorite shades for the 4 different skin tones is helpful if you are picking out gifts!
Here is a list of my top ten MAC eyeshadows for FAIR skin tones. And, a slide show of the colors!
- Naked Lunch- a shimmery light baby pink
- Dazzlelight- a shimmery white/yellow
- Era- A very soft brown
- Arena- a light peachy shade
- All that glitters- A shimmery peachy neutral
- Omega- A very light khaki brown
- Patina- A shimmery greyish/brown
- Quarry- A soft greyish purple
- Shale- A shimmery soft purple.
- Soba- A shimmery warm brown
MAC eyeshadows cost $14.50 a piece. For a complete list of shadows, go to the MAC WEBSITE here: http://www.maccosmetics.com/
Stay tuned for my next post which will be my top 10 MAC eyeshadow picks for light skin tones... :)
1 Peter 3:4 But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
It's homecoming season for all of you high schoolers , so have fun and be safe & most of all Love your peers. LOVE EACH OTHER!!!
When I think back to my high school years I just remember all of the "gossip" and " clicks" that went along with being a girl. I want to tell all of you... love each other. Don't return hate with hate...return hate with Love. Be kind no matter what! Just know that you are BEAUTIFUL in God's eyes-don't listen to what others say. You are a child of God and we are all created unique-there is NOTHING wrong with you.
I want to share with all of you what is in my BEAUTY BOX. My Beauty box is my everyday makeup case that I keep around to use when I get ready for the day. (Just remember....I am a makeup artist... I do not use everything I'm going to mention everyday, these are just the beauty products that I get the MOST use out of at this moment in time. Also, I may not list EVERYTHING, but I will tell you most of the products in here. )
Here are some photos of the Train Case that I call my beauty box.
First off, the box itself is from JAPONESQUE and is a medium train case. Here is the link to it on the Japonesquewebsite: http://www.japonesque.com/catalogue.cfm?fla=productsSplash
I LOVE this as my everyday beauty carrier. I was originally using a MAC makeup bag. It was a large size but it just didn't fit everything I wanted in there. I wanted something large enough that COULD fit my makeup brushes as well if I wanted to bring it with me somewhere. It's just nice to have everything in ONE place. I like that I can keep it somewhat organized also.
So first off I'll start with the bottom. I have:
- MAC studio fix fluid foundation- my staple product.
- MAC face and body foundation- I use this on my days off of work.. when I want less coverage. OR, I mix a little of this with my studio fix fluid for a little less coverage.
- 100 % Pure Healthy Skin Foundation- I just started using this...it uses pure ingredients ,smells great and the coverage is amazing!
- MAC prep and prime transparent powder: this is the perfect translusent loose powder. Soft, and sheer.
- MAC Charcoal brown eyeshadow: I use this in my eyebrows
- Benefit' s High Beam: a great cheekbone highlighter !
- MAC's Lithe pigment- a limited shade that is great for everyday.
- Bare Essentials BUXOM cream eyeshadow in poodle - a great everyday eye color or base.
- Travel size container of Q-tips!! - for any touch ups.
- Sigma travel size brushes- 7 brushes come in this case.. they are all fantastic, I put some of my MAC brushes along with them in the bundle so I can have all my "daily use" brushes in one place. Here is the link for SIGMA's brushes: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=202
- A triangle wedge sponge- for blending and my moisturizer.
- Environ AVST Gel Moisturizer- I apply this shortly before applying my foundation everyday.
- AMOR AMOR perfume- my favorite ever!
- Urban Decay's Shadow Primer Potion- I use this often or MAC Paint Pot's.
- Blinc heated eyelash curler- sometimes I curl my eyelashes- NOT VERY OFTEN.
- Japonesque clear mascara- for brows.
- MAC powerpoint liners- Favorites are Engraved, prussian, Navy Blue.
- MAC Kohl Liners- Coffee, Smolder and Fascinating- for those days I want a inner rim color.
- MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner-on the prowl black is my favorite new liquid liner.
- Anastasia Brow Pen- for defined brows fast!
- FACE -Magic Wand concealer
- MAC dazzleglass for lips in Ms. Fizz, Uttlerly posh and 'Bling Black.
- POP Beauty Lip Magnet Primer in Naked- awesome lip primer!
- MAC Prep and Prime Lash- my lashes always look longer with lash primer.
- MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara
- Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara
- MAC Plush Lash Mascara
- MAC Harmony blush- great for contouring cheekbones
- MAC Honor blush- beautiful highlight color
- MAC Rhapsody in Two Mineralize blush- great highlight color also
- MAC Paint pot in soft ochre- my favorite paint pot and one of my favorite products ever.
- MAC Lip Erase- for those days I want nude lips.
- MAC Eyeshadow NYLON- my staple eyeshadow.
- MAC Select Sheer Cover Up
- Japonesque Eyebrow groomer kit
- 2 MAC pencil sharpeners in large and small
- A MAC Tweezer
- A Small scissor for trimming my eyebrows and random things.
- MAC Fast Response Eye cream My favorite eye cream for under my concealer
- 2 Limited MAC eyeshadow palettes- I switch these out often depending on the time, season, trends and colors.
Ok! So, that's it. Remember, I do NOT use this all in one day. These are the things I like to keep on hand everyday for doing my day-to-day makeup. I hope this wasn't too boring and you guys liked digging through my makeup Box. :)
Don't forget to check out my giveaway here: http://lovelo.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/back-to-blonde-eufora-september-giveaway/ This goes until October 1st.
Have a safe weekend everyone!